Idaho's Local Transportation Convention
Save the date | October 30 - november 3, 2023 | Boise centre
Join hundreds of highway professionals and key stakeholders are are committed to improving Idaho's roads and bridges this autumn! This comprehensive 3.5-day event will provide attendees with in-depth training and networking opportunities to keep our infrastructure system on the cutting edge.
Please check back for more information about the 2023 event this summer.
Presentations from the 2022 Convention
Download slideshow presentations (PDF format) from workshops during Idaho's 2022 Local Transportation Convention by clicking on the bolded workshop title below:
- "All Things Retaining Walls" by Nathan Cleaver, Ben Davis & Jeff Sorenson, Keller Associates
- "Collaborative Discussion: Clerks & Office Staff" by Rosie Ham & Beth Rheinschmidt, East Side & Post Falls Highway District
- "Commissioner 101" by David Wynkoop, Sherer & Wynkoop, LLC
- "Environmental Permitting and Tools for Locals" by Karissa Nelson, LHTAC
- "Future State of Financial Reporting" by State of Idaho Controller's Office
- "High Performance Asphalt Binders Used in Overlays and Pavement Preservation" by Dr. Gary Hicks & Scott Metcalf, Ergon Asphalt & Emulsions
- "How to L-2: Preparing for Your Annual Report" by Alicia Lynch & Juliana Hildreth, Kootenai County
- "Idaho's Talent Pipeline Management Initiative" by Matthew Thomsen & Gynii Abracosa Gilliam, Idaho Workforce Development Council
- "IIJA/BIL Federal Grants: Opportunities to Rebuild Idaho's Infrastructure" by Sonna Lynn Fernandez, ITD
- "Innovative Bridge Replacement & Repair Options for Local Roads" by Scott Wood, PE, LHTAC
- "National Association of County Engineers (NACE) Update" by Tom Fellows
- "Not Your Father's Mag - Enhancing Magnesium Chloride for Today's Challenges" by Bruce Juelfs et. al., GMCO Corp. et. al.
- "Open Meeting Laws & Public Records Requests" by David Wynkoop, Sherer & Wynkoop, LLC
- "Opportunities in the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law" by Michael Close, ROUTES Initiative
- "Safety: Commanding the Future" by Brennan Gruhn & Jacob Lauderdale, Western States Equipment
- "Statewide Asset Inventory Data Collection & Analysis in Support of Transportation Planning" by Christopher Higginbotham, ITD
- "State & Federal Disaster Resources: Mitigation Planning Through Recovery" by Jarod Dick & Ben Roeber, Idaho Office of Emergency Management
- "Understanding Social Security Coverage for Highway District Employees" by Jackie McCleve, State of Idaho Controller's Office
- "Vacation Procedures" by David Wynkoop, Sherer & Wynkoop, LLC
2022 Convention Photos
All photos have been reduced in size to keep our website fast and reactive. If you would like the original size, please email email@example.com the photo title(s). For example, "DSC_0010"
Idaho's 2022 Local Transportation Convention is proudly hosted by:
For all inquiries and additional information, please contact
Savannah Renslow, IAHD's Communication Director | firstname.lastname@example.org or (208) 345-5176