About the IAHD Scholarship Fund
The objective is simple: to help deserving Idaho students from predominantly underserved rural areas receive a college education.
The IAHD is fully aware that not all families can send their children to an accredited college. We also understand that our rural community populations are shrinking while our urban areas continue to see explosive growth. The effect of these competing forces is bourn out as we witness our highway districts struggle for resources, a sufficient labor pool, and a tax base large enough to meet the demands put on our infrastructure. By taking an active role in creating educational opportunities for more children, the IAHD Scholarship Fund strives to have a meaningful impact on the forces working against our rural communities
- 75% of Idaho’s school districts are classified as rural
- 20% of Idaho’s rural students are classified as minorities
- The state of Idaho ranks 50th in per pupil spending in rural school districts
- The college enrollment rate of rural Idaho high school graduates is 51%, compared to 69% nationally
- 8% decrease (from 54% to 46%) in the number of Idaho students continuing on to college since 2014
Who is eligible?
- Children and grandchildren of highway district employees and commissioners (highway district must be in good standing with and a member of the IAHD)
- 2.5 GPA or higher
- Full-time or part-time students
- Enrolled in an Idaho college, university, or vocational/technical school for the 2019-2020 school year
Scholarship Applicants (2019-2020)
Thank you to the many young men and women who applied for the IAHD Scholarship! Judges are currently reviewing and scoring all the applications. Applicants will receive a letter with the status of your application by mail no later than May 15th.
Kick-off celebration and fundraiser
With help from all of you, the IAHD Scholarship Fund was able to raise over $13,000 during the 2018 IAHD Kick-Off Celebration and Fundraiser! Thank you to all of our donors, sponsors, and attendees for such an incredible evening.
The IAHD Scholarship Fund is a 501(c)(3) organization, allowing for donations and contributions to be deducted on taxes. EIN: 82-3807766