Application Period has Closed
Thank you to all of the students who took the time to apply for an IAHD Scholarship. The selection committee is currently reviewing the applications and will announce the winners in May. If you have any questions about your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Scholarship Fund
The objective is simple: to help deserving Idaho students from predominantly underserved rural areas receive a college education.
The IAHD is fully aware that not all families can send their children to an accredited college. We also understand that our rural community populations are shrinking while our urban areas continue to see explosive growth. The effect of these competing forces is borne out as we witness our highway districts struggle for resources, a sufficient labor pool, and a tax base large enough to meet the demands put on our infrastructure. By taking an active role in creating educational opportunities for more children, the IAHD Scholarship Fund strives to have a meaningful impact on the forces working against our rural communities.
- 75% of Idaho’s school districts are classified as rural
- 20% of Idaho’s rural students are classified as minorities
- The state of Idaho ranks 50th in per pupil spending in rural school districts
- The college enrollment rate of rural Idaho high school graduates is 51%, compared to 69% nationally
- 10% decrease (from 54% to 44%) in the number of Idaho students continuing on to college since 2014
Who is eligible?
- Children and grandchildren of highway district employees and commissioners (highway district must be in good standing with and a member of the IAHD)
- 2.5 GPA or higher
- Full-time or part-time students
- Enrolled in an Idaho college, university, or vocational/technical school for the 2022-2023 school year
- Ash Grove Cement
- Buhl Highway District
- Canyon House
- Coastline Equipment
- Commercial Tire
- David Evans & Associates
- Downey Swan Lake Highway District
- Dustbusters & Road Solutions
- Forsgren, Associates, Inc.
- GeoStabilization International
- G2 Equipment
- Gier Jammers Diesel Repairs
- Hammer Down River Excursions
- HMH Engineering
- Honnen Equipment
- Idaho Central Credit Union
- J-U-B Engineers
- Killgore Adventures
- Northwest Equipment Sales
- PacWest Machinery
- Poe Asphalt Paving Inc.
- Raft River Highway District
- T-O Engineers
- Western States Cat
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application period? Applications for 2022-2023 scholarships will be accepted from January 1 - March 31, 2022. Recipients will be notified by May and payments to schools will be made in summer of 2022. Watch the website for information.
I applied for the IAHD Scholarship last year, can I again? Absolutely! All previous applicants may apply annually until their degree is obtained.
I have received the IAHD scholarship before, can I still apply? Yes, awardees may reapply until their degree is obtained. However, preference will be given to those who have not been awarded the IAHD Scholarship.
Can I email my application packet? All application packets must be complete with all required material and mailed to the IAHD office and post-marked March 31, 2022. Transcripts and letters of recommendation may be mailed separately but must be post-marked by the deadline.
How can i help?
Simply make purchases on AmazonSmile
Amazon has created a foundation, AmazonSmile, that will donate 0.5% of your purchase on eligible items to a charity of your choice! Being a charitable organization, the IAHD Scholarship Fund qualifies to receive the donations.
To receive these benefits visit smile.amazon.com and where you are asked to select a charitable organization, type in "IAHD Scholarship Fund." From then on, anytime you go to make a purchase on Amazon, visit smile.amazon.com to benefit the IAHD Scholarship Fund.