Kick-Off Celebration & Fundraiser
Join us this November for our annual fundraiser during Idaho's Local Transportation Convention! The Kick-Off will bring over 400 attendees to the Coeur d'Alene Resort for an evening full of entertainment, raffle drawings, delectable food and drinks, as well as a live and silent auction. All funds raised will directly help serve our mission and provide rural Idaho students with a deserving scholarship to pay for their higher education.
Give back to the community by donating an item for the live or silent auction! Simply download and complete the Donation Form by November 1st in order to be included in the auction catalog.
Example items include:
- Dude ranch adventures
- Fishing/hunting trip
- Recreational and outdoor gear for hunting, fishing, camping, etc.
- Electronics - AirPods, navigation systems, televisions, etc.
- Local art and craftsmanship
About the Scholarship Fund
The objective is simple: to help deserving Idaho students from predominantly underserved rural areas receive a college education.
The IAHD is fully aware that not all families can send their children to an accredited college. We also understand that our rural community populations are shrinking while our urban areas continue to see explosive growth. The effect of these competing forces is borne out as we witness our highway districts struggle for resources, a sufficient labor pool, and a tax base large enough to meet the demands put on our infrastructure. By taking an active role in creating educational opportunities for more children, the IAHD Scholarship Fund strives to have a meaningful impact on the forces working against our rural communities.
- 75% of Idaho’s school districts are classified as rural
- 20% of Idaho’s rural students are classified as minorities
- The state of Idaho ranks 50th in per pupil spending in rural school districts
- The college enrollment rate of rural Idaho high school graduates is 51%, compared to 69% nationally
- 10% decrease (from 54% to 44%) in the number of Idaho students continuing on to college since 2014
Who is eligible?
- Children and grandchildren of highway district employees and commissioners (highway district must be in good standing with and a member of the IAHD)
- 2.5 GPA or higher
- Full-time or part-time students
- Enrolled in an Idaho college, university, or vocational/technical school for the 2022-2023 school year
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application period? Applications for 2023-2024 scholarships will be accepted from January 1 - March 31, 2023. Recipients will be notified by May and payments to schools will be made in summer of 2023. Watch the website for information.
I applied for the IAHD Scholarship last year, can I again? Absolutely! All previous applicants may apply annually until their degree is obtained.
I have received the IAHD scholarship before, can I still apply? Yes, awardees may reapply until their degree is obtained. However, preference will be given to those who have not been awarded the IAHD Scholarship.
Can I email my application packet? All application packets must be complete with all required material and mailed to the IAHD office and post-marked March 31, 2023. Transcripts and letters of recommendation may be mailed separately but must be post-marked by the deadline.
How can i help?
Simply make purchases on AmazonSmile
Amazon has created a foundation, AmazonSmile, that will donate 0.5% of your purchase on eligible items to a charity of your choice! Being a charitable organization, the IAHD Scholarship Fund qualifies to receive the donations.
To receive these benefits visit smile.amazon.com and where you are asked to select a charitable organization, type in "IAHD Scholarship Fund." From then on, anytime you go to make a purchase on Amazon, visit smile.amazon.com to benefit the IAHD Scholarship Fund.